DEADLINE EXTENDED TO SUNDAY, APRIL 5, 2020 AT 11:59PM EST
Writers – we are looking for an essay, poem, piece of prose, or other written composition on your choice of the following five topics. (top ten receive a cash prize – see below for details)
- new perspectives about life you have gained from your experience with a difficult, rare disease
- adaptations you have made in your life to accommodate your “new normal”
- self-care behaviors you incorporated during diagnosis to help ease the discomfort and anxiety of waiting, testing, and wondering
- the caregiver perspective of loving and caring for someone with Cushing’s
- if you had to choose ONE element of your journey to change, what would it be, why, and what would you do to change it (can’t be “not having Cushing’s in the first place”!)
Artists – we are looking for a photo, drawing, painting…any style of artwork that reflects challenge, triumph, heartache, or adaptation that came with your Cushing’s journey. Abstract is acceptable. (top six receive a cash prize – see below for details)
CONTEST RULES AND PRIZES FOR TOP SUBMISSIONS
- Written entries should be between 300-1000 words (poems can be less), must not need extensive editing, and must be your unique words and voice.
- Top ten written entries will be awarded $0.05 per word (minimum $5) and will be printed in our next newsletter.
- Artwork must be your own, have a title and short description, and be delivered as a .jpg or .pdf file.
- Top six art submissions will be awarded $25.00 each and will be printed in our next newsletter.
- All submissions will be shared on a special page on our website for Cushing’s Awareness Day next month (April 8, 2020).
- Each interested individual may submit up to two written entries and two pieces of art for consideration.
- By submitting your essay(s) and/or artwork, you are giving CSRF permission to post them on our website and publish them in our newsletter. We will indicate that submissions are the property of the individual creator, may not be used without permission, and are not the property of CSRF.
- An individual can win more than once in either category.
- All judging decisions are final and done by CSRF.
- All entries must be received by 11:59pm EST on Sunday, April 5, 2020 – send your files to [email protected] Please indicate how your name and location may be displayed with your creation(s).
Questions? E-mail Leslie! [email protected]