Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Bad posture or cushings hump?

Home CSRF Forums Public Bad posture or cushings hump?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #5750

    Hi everyone, I need some advice.

    So here goes…for as long as I can remember I have suffered with headaches and irregular periods as well as bad stomach cramps which doctors diagnosed irritable bowl just accepted that..on top of this my skin has always been bad and  flushed red on my cheeks which doctors said was roseacea, again just accepted this. But my main concern is my weight and impact it’s having on my neck and shoulders. For the last few years my weight has been an issue and I can’t seem to shift it. I have developed a hump on my neck which is just ugly and I am really down about the way it looks which has led me to look online and that’s how i have come across Cushing’ seems I feel I have a lot of the symptoms that go with this disease..the hair, moods, headaches, bad skin and hump? But I really am confused about whether this is my bad posture due to excess weight or I may have Cushing’ neck is increasingly uncomfortable and is causing me ache all through my shoulders..

    I need some advice from the people who maybe able to relate before I get fobbed off at the doctors for being overweight.

    What do you think from my pics of my hump?

    Thanks for reading, Zoe

    AvatarEllen W

    Hi Zoe,

    Unfortunately, the Forum can’t download pictures, so we can’t see the pictures you sent. Anyway, since we are not medically qualified, we can’t tell you if your hump looks like Cushing’s. However, in addition to the hump, you describe several symptoms, such as flushed face, weight gain, skin and hair problems, and mood issues, which occur in Cushing’s. The only way to know for sure whether or not you have Cushing’s is to undergo testing. The doctor best qualified to evaluate you would be an endocrinologist. I see that you are writing from Britain, where I understand that you would need a referral from your GP to see a specialist, and it sounds to me that you should request a referral. You may need to be quite persistent. For more information about testing, please see this article by Dr. James Findling on our website: Best of luck to you!

    Ellen, Director

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.