UPDATED AUGUST 30, 2022
It’s been a long time since we have been able to gather together in person. Our live biennial conferences can be so helpful and validating for attendees, and we’re all usually in one spot for at least two days and one night which allows us the freedom of time. Organizational challenges right now include virus issues, flight problems, increased costs on everything, and even the fluctuating nature of this disease experience we all share. Throughout August we’ve asked the people who RSVP how they feel about various levels of safety measures. It seems from the responses and lower than usual RSVP numbers that there could be better times in the near future to hold these “off year” smaller conferences. (They may be small, but they require a good deal of planning and logistics!)
Plan B: Support Group style meetings in cities where we will already be for conferences or due to the location of our home office. See below for the final schedule of these meetings and a bit more about what to expect.
We are happy to report that there’s great interest in the conference in March 2023 in Portland, OR. We will be there for days so we hope that makes it easier for everyone who wants to come, to come! We are working with Adrenal Insufficiency United on details and look forward to releasing that invitation to you soon.
SAN DIEGO, CA – Saturday, September 10, 2022, Location TBD – (casual late lunch around 1pm, 5-10 patient attendees)
ATLANTA, GA – Sunday, September 18, 2022, Location TBD (casual late lunch around 1pm in the Lilburn area, 5-10 patient attendees)
WASHINGTON, DC – Saturday, October 15, 2022, Location TBD (casual early evening dinner around 5pm, 5-10 patient attendees)
Logistics for the above meetings:
- A minimum of 5 patient attendees must be confirmed to attend within one week of the scheduled meeting. (we’ve met the minimum on all meetings so don’t worry about this)
- Each patient may bring one guest who must be 18 or older and an active member of the patient’s care circle.
- There is no formal agenda for these meetings but we prioritize three things:
- facilitating those priceless patient-peer connections
- sharing data, news, and other information from the organization POV per the interests of attendees
- identifying patient POV action items for CSRF to pursue
- COVID safety rules per each city’s current requirements should be followed. If you feel ill, we ask that you please not attend.
- There is no cost to join us.
- Location will be given to attendees the week before the scheduled event. Parking at the event will either be free or reimbursed.
- CSRF reserves the right to update this list at any time if new information becomes available.
Ready to RSVP? Awesome, we can’t wait to see you! Email us at [email protected], and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible with next steps. If you’ve already contacted us, you should have an e-mail before the end of business EST on Tuesday, August 30, 2022.
SAVE THE DATE: MARCH 30 – APRIL 2, 2023 – international patient conference in Portland, OR, co-hosted with Adrenal Insufficiency United.