The Cushing’s Support and Research Foundation is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization incorporated in the state of Massachusetts to provide support and information to those interested in Cushing’s. The forums are for informational purposes only and do not replace the need for individual consultations with a physician. CSRF does not engage in the practice of medicine, endorse any particular commercial products, doctors, surgeons, medications, treatment, or techniques. The opinions expressed in the forums are those of the individual author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the CSRF Board of Directors, individual officers, doctors, members, or health care providers.
The forums and the CSRF website is not a substitute nor to be considered professional medical advice. You should consult your doctor, or other relevant professional, before making any decisions that could affect you or others.
Use of Forums
- Participation in, and use of, the forums is at the user’s own risk and you agree not to hold the CSRF responsible.
- All posts are individual and not the views, policy or advice of the CSRF. You understand and acknowledge that content is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated.
- The use of the forums for surveys and research studies is prohibited unless prior permission has been given by the CSRF.
- According to good practice guidelines for child protection on the internet, users of the forums must be 16 or over, or supervised by an adult if younger than 16.
- You agree not to participate in malicious behavior which may cause damage to the CSRF forums, website or other users.
- You agree not to participate under more than one user name.
Postings and messages
- Content that is posted to the CSRF on-line forum, including your choice of public name or id, must follow the conditions below:
- Posts must be kept to the topic of the forum, all of which pertain to Cushing’s. Posts or forums not relating to Cushing’s will be removed. Political and religious discussions are not permitted.
- Posts should ask others for help, support or ideas and responses should in general be helpful or supportive of others. This forum is not meant to provide a means for a long personal tirade on how bad something is. Try to be constructive in your comments, rather than complaining. Posts deemed not helpful, supportive or hurtful to others may not be posted, or may be deleted.
- Posts must not include obscene language or information, be defamatory, vulgar, sexually orientated, hateful, threatening, or in violation of any laws or good moral practices. You hereby agree to indemnify and hold the CSRF harmless.
- If posts contain contact details (web addresses, emails, phone numbers, fax numbers or postal addresses) the CSRF may elect to remove them. If they are not removed, you agree not to hold the CSRF responsible for any damages you incur based on the availability of your personal contact information.
- Posts must not contain advertisements. The CSRF reserves the right to remove references to third party organizations or products or services. Not removing them should not be considered a promotion or endorsement of a given organization/product/service by the CSRF.
- Messages must not be excessively repeated intentionally.
- Messages must not infringe or violate another party’s rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, image rights and rights of privacy and publicity).
- By submitting information to the on-line forum, you grant the CSRF permission to use, distribute, adapt, modify, display, reproduce and transmit such information in any and all media, in whole or in part without any reference to you. The CSRF may also elect to share this information with third parties.
- You agree not to transmit any chain letters, spam, or junk messages to other users.
- Posts should only contain information that you have copyright for.
Moderation and Banning
- The CSRF reserves the right not to post a particular post for violation of the rules and for any other reason.
- The CSRF has the right to modify posts to conform with the forum rules of use prior to posting without input from you.
- The CSRF has the right to remove, edit, move or close any forum for any reason.
- The CSRF is not obliged to enter into any correspondence regarding the moderation of forum content.
- The CSRF has the right to remove or ban any user for not following the rules, or any other reason and delete their user information.
- Any removal or banning of a visitor from the forums is binding and the decision is final. The CSRF is not obligated to have correspondence regarding removal, nor to explain it.
Privacy and Data Protection
We do not collect any personal information about you in the forums unless you provide it. Cookies are used to assist the functionality of the website only, personal data is not collected via cookies.
The CSRF has the right to update or change these rules at any time.
Exclusion of Liability
The CSRF hereby excludes all and any losses, liabilities, claims, damages, expenses or costs arising in connection with your ability or inability to use the forum, your use of any information obtained from the forum, and any viruses, spyware, cookies that are spread or gathered through the forum.